Best Vole Baits
Voles are primarily herbivores, so the best baits to use in a vole trap will be plant pased.
The best Vole baits include:
How to Bait a Vole Trap
It's very important that you position your bait properly to ensure the animal will enter the trap and the doors close behind him. The best baiting technique will:
- Lead the vole all the way inside the trap.
- Force the vole to engage the trigger.
Tip: Apply a small amount of bait directly onto the trigger pan. This way the animal will engage direcly with the mechanism, leading to a secure capture.
Expert Baiting Tips
- Vole traps are small and have sensitive triggers. a lightweight, sticky bait like peanut butter is recommended because it will stay put and won't weigh down the trigger.
- When trapping voles, more important than the bait you use is the position of your trap. To learn more trapping tips, read How to Trap a Vole »
- For more expert baiting tips, read How to Bait a Trap »