Leave bugs dead in the dust. Safer® Brand’s Ant and Crawling Insect Killer works to dehydrate and kill many types of insect pests without using dangerous pesticides. This product is 100% Diatomaceous Earth (DE).
Kills crawling insects within 48 hours.
Applying Ant and Crawling Insect Killer stops insect activity in minutes and curbs infestations in several days. This product features a dual-action killing method: ingestion and dehydration. DE can be used inside your home or outside on decks and porches. Diatomaceous Earth lasts as long as it’s dry.
Diatomaceous Earth is a dust-like product made up of diatoms (crushed fossilized algae) from fresh water. Crushed diatoms resemble powder in both appearance and feel. However, the delicate exoskeletons of insects are easily damaged by the microscopic jagged edges on DE. When you apply DE in areas heavily trafficked by insects, the insects either ingest or crawl through the powder. In doing so, the DE will cut their exoskeleton. This cutting causes the insect to dehydrate and die. Insects cannot develop a resistance to Diatomaceous Earth since there are no chemicals to which they can build up immunity.
What type of Diatomaceous Earth is this product?
Beware. Not all DE is the same. Our DE is made of Silicon Dioxide from a freshwater source. It is the same type that is used in food-grade diatomaceous earth. Other products made of Diatomite DE are made from unnatural sources. Our product is also 100% Diatomaceous Earth—no fillers or additives.
Use DE to solve problems with crawling insects including: Ants, earwigs, cockroaches, silverfish, crickets, bedbugs, centipedes, and more.
Safer® Brand Diatomaceous Earth
Leave bugs dead in the dust. That’s exactly what you’ll see with Safer® Brand’s Ant and Crawling Insect Killer. And you don’t have to worry about applying chemicals to get the job done.
Kills crawling insects within 48 hours.
Once you apply Ant and Crawling Insect Killer where you have a crawling insect problem, you’ll see insect activity stop in minutes. Infestation issues in a couple of days. Dual action. Kills insects by ingestion and dehydration. You can use it inside your home or outside on patios and walkways. It lasts as long as it’s dry.
Details on how Diatomaceous Earth works to kill crawling insects.
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is a dust-like product that contains the crushed fossilized algae (diatoms) from fresh water. These crushed diatoms feel like powder when we rub it in our hand. But it’s very sharp to insects with delicate exoskeletons. When you apply DE, dust is ingested by the crawling insect or the insect crosses through the powder. The DE will cut their exoskeleton. This causes the insect to dehydrate and die. Insects cannot develop a resistance to it since there are no chemicals to which they can build up immunity.
What type of Diatomaceous Earth is this?
Beware. Not all DE is the same. Our DE is made of Silicon Dioxide. This comes from a freshwater source. It is the same type that is used in food-grade diatomaceous earth. Other products made of Diatomite DE are made from unnatural sources.
Use DE to solve problems with crawling insects. Ants. Earwigs. Cockroaches. Silverfish. Crickets. Bedbugs. Centipedes and more.
Directions for Use:
- INDOOR USE: Lightly coat a thin layer of dust in the areas where these pests are found or may hide such as cracks and crevices, behind and beneath stoves, refrigerators, sinks, cabinets, garbage cans, around pipes and drains, window frames, and in attics and basements. Hit insects directly where possible. Repeat treatment as necessary.
- OUTDOOR USE: Lightly coat the areas where pests are found or may hide including windows, door frames, and sills, and outside of entrance ways. Repeat treatment as necessary.
- For full instructions depending on indoor/outdoor use and specific plants and insects, please refer to the Instructions link to the left.
Safer® Brand is the leader in alternative lawn and garden products. Safer® Brand recognizes the growing demand by consumers for these products, offering a wide variety of natural and organic solutions for lawn, garden, landscape, flowers, houseplants, insects and more!
Safer® Brand Diatomaceous Earth - Bed Bug, Flea, Ant, Crawling Insect Killer 4 lb - Specifications
- Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hrs
- Works indoors or outdoors
- Kills earwigs, millipedes, centipedes, silverfish, cockroaches, crickets, ants, fleas, carpet beetles, bed bugs, grasshoppers
- Consists of 100% DE
What's in the Box:
- 4 lb bag of Diatomaceous Earth
- Contains 100% Diatomaceous Earth - Amorphous Silica (including silicon dioxide, other oxides and moisture)
- 4 lb bag - powder presentation
Disclaimer: Havahart does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.