Safer® Brand Japanese Beetle Trap
The Safer® Brand Japanese Beetle Trap uses a food and sex attractant to lure Japanese Beetles into the trap and, in turn, disrupts the mating cycle. A controlled release system maximizes the life of the attractant and protects the attractant from environmental degradation. Place this natural pest control trap at least 10 feet away from plantings to prevent defoliation.
Directions for Use:
- Slide vanes together at the slots to form a cross
- Attach the twist tie by inserting about 4 inches through the holes in the top vane assembly as shown in the diagram below and twist to secure the trap
- Attach one of the disposable collection bags to the vane assembly by gently sliding the holes in the bag over the cutout hooks on the lower end of the trap vanes.
- Remove the bait pack from its protective packaging. Peel the protective cover (marked peel) from the Safer® Brand Japanese Beetle Trap bait pack
- Peel the paper from the adhesive strip on the back of the sex/floral lure bait pack and attach the bait onto the trap vane. Do not attempt to peel apart the bait. Best results are obtained by attaching the bait pack to the lower third of the trap vane.
Trap Placement, Application Rate and Use:
- Place traps as beetles emerge in mid-May to early June in Georgia and South Carolina
- EarlyJune to mid June in North Carolina and Tennessee
- Mid June to early July in Kentucky, Delaware, Washington DC, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Early July to mid July in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New jersey
- Mid July in New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont and Maine.
- Place traps on the generally upwind side of vegetable gardens, flower gardens, ornamental shrub planting and other outside landscape planting attached by the beetles. Apply traps at the rate of one trap per 50 linear feet along two sides of plant perimeters. For example, if the site is 1-50 linear feet, place only one trap on each of the two sides. If the site is 51-100 linear feet, place two traps on each of the two sides, etc. Do not enclose the treated site with traps.
- Hang traps from any suitable post or stand in sunny areas 3 to 5 feet above the ground.
- Place traps at least 10 feet away from the planting as they may attract beetles to foliage if placed closer
- Replace bags when full. If trap catches decline and beetles are still present, replace bait pack. Remove traps from site when beetles are no longer present.
Safer® Brand is the leader in alternative lawn and garden products, offering many solutions that are compliant with organic gardening standards. Safer® Brand recognizes this growing demand by consumers and offers a wide variety of products for lawns, gardens, landscapes, flowers, houseplants, insects and more!
Safer® Brand Japanese Beetle Trap - Specifications
- Uses food and sex attractant to lure insects into the trap
- Controlled release system maximizes the life of the attractant
- Extra-large bag catches more beetles
- Collapsible 48” galvanized steel stand (sold separately - model #00107)
What's in the Box:
- Trap, bait and 2 bags
- Ready-to-use bag trap
Disclaimer: Havahart does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateJapanese Beetle TrapsWe have had an over abundance Japanese Beetle festation and I was so pleased to find your site which enabled me to purchase a large quantity of the traps at a very reasonable price. I could not purchase locally because they were all sold out. I received them in a very timely fashion. Thank you.
Review Ratetruly works at our flower farmWe've been using these for over 12 years. Their efficacy can be stated to be outstanding. I've changed 6 trap bags 3x in a month and can state that the net weight of the beetles therein averages between 2 1/2 and 3 lbs per change. No idea how many beetles in a pound but it's got to be a lot!
Review RateWorks lie a champPuts a serious dent in the beetle population, easy to use, recommended
Review RateWorks better than competitorsWe had a ton of Japanese Beetles in our yard so we went to the local hardware store to buy some of the bags. We bought some Safer brand and some Specticide brand. We quickly found that the beetles were more attracted to the Safer brand lure and the bags were able to hold more bugs. We ended up buying more Safer brand and replaced the other ones!!
Review RateWorks Great!I purchased 12 of these Japanese Beetle traps for our large garden. We have an acre worth of produce growing and the Japanese Beetles were destroying our plants. No local stores were selling these traps this year so I went online and found Safer Brand and they cost the cheapest and are of high quality. Very fast, inexpensive shipping and I am satisfied with the product! The lure works so good that we had beetles flying toward us before we could hang the traps! In just two days 95% of the beetles are trapped and gone. I would definitely recommend this product and would purchase again.
Review RatePowerful AttractantI walked outside with my trap and before I even got it hung on the hook they were swarming the bag. I'm glad there are replacement bags because I have had to change the bag every week for the last 3 weeks. - Thanks for saving my gardens SAFER!!!!
Review RateWorks Super Fast!I picked up this trap on Friday and the trap was full of beetles within just a few hours of hanging it up! I've NEVER had a trap work so quickly. The beetles are pretty bad this year - I'm going to put up a few more of these traps! Thank you, SAFER products!
Review RateAmazing !We bought two of these and installed them up wind of our garden upon arrival.Within in 24 hrs. both bags were full of dead beetles.Within 5 days we had trapped over 10 bags full of bugs! Can't imagine what would 've happened to our garden had we not put these out.We have destroyed hundreds of thousand of beetles,amazing!
Review RateWhy did I wait so long?Over the last couple years, the Japanese Beetles have been increasing exponentially. After reading over that time that traps of this type do not work well, I had not tried any. Yesterday I broke down and bought 3. I placed them at 10:30 AM, 89